Most people tend to think that they will lose weight as soon as they go on a particular diet. However, the weight loss process can take longer than most people think, sometimes taking weeks or even months. In addition to dieting, there are several things that you are required to do so as to lose weight fast and effectively. These are some of the top reasons why you may not be losing weight, despite going on a diet.
- Stress has been proven to be a contributing factor to weight gain – Stress can affect your sleep patterns which results to changes on how your body fat is stored. Recent studies on middle aged women also reviewed that they turned to eating more fast foods and snacks when they got stressed. As a result, they added more calories in their body than they burnt.
- Lack of sleep can also be a major reason why you are not losing weight – Experts have shown that enough sleep can contribute to a better health. This is mainly because sleeping helps to rest the body as well as regulate body hormones. Enough sleep ensures that the released hormones have the energy to burn body fat stored in the cells. Most people will also take a snack at night when they can’t sleep, adding more calories in their body.
- Inflammation has also been shown to cause weight gain especially when at a cellular level – Inflammation has also been linked to a variety of diseases. Inflammation of the liver can hinder the release of chemical responsible for combating toxins. In this case, your body cells do no not receive glucose, leading to more food consumption, cravings and hunger.
- You may also be having the wrong weight loss information – Most people will attempt uncertain weight loss techniques based on hearsay and inappropriate sources. They end up following wrong exercise or diet plans.
- Taking excess calories as well as the wrong types of drinks can also result to weight gain – Speaking of calories intake, most people will try to eat less to reduce their calories intake. Rather than eating less, you are required to find the right types of food with the right nutrients to help you in losing weight. You should also avoid taking drinks with high calories and sugar contents such as sodas, energy drinks and other sweet soft drinks.
- Another reason why you may not be losing weight is missing your major meals – Taking your meals is very important as it will provide you with the essential nutrients required to provide energy to burn body fat. You should avoid missing meals as a way to start thinning. This will slow your metabolism leading to weight gain as your body fat is not burnt.
- Impatience and missing your workout sessions can also be a reason why you are not losing weight – When you have decided to lose weight, you are required to strictly follow your workout and diet plan patiently, as it can take longer than you expected. Most people tend to give up long before they have observed realistic results, and end up taking food with high calories such as snacks and soft drinks.
The most important thing when you want to lose weight is to create a concrete plan. You can opt to consult a weight loss expert to guide you through the weight loss path. They will advise you on what and when to eat to achieve your weight loss goals.