Have you considered skipping the gym to exercise outdoors? You should, every once in a while. Nature presents some elements that even a sophisticated gym cannot.
Savour the Nature
- After spending most of your days indoors, in the office, home, even shopping malls, how about you spend some time outdoors when working out? Enjoy the sights and sounds, the fresh air, invigorate in the sunshine. Get some much needed Vitamin D for your bones.
- Have you noticed that when having a stressful time you can feel better just by taking a walk? The same applies when you exercise outdoors.
- Unlike the gym which subjects you to the same location, exercising outdoors gives you an opportunity to exercise on a new location each time. Whether you’re on your backyard, the park, or a nature trail, the outdoors always has something to offer.
- Trade your treadmill running/walking for a session in Karura Forest, or any other nature trail of your choice. Run under the shades of the trees with birds chirping overhead, taking in all that fresh air. Look for new places to walk/run/cycle. By the end of the sessions, you’ll have so much more than toned muscles.
- Unlike the gym where you have to stick to your assigned space, the outdoors is all yours. You can move as you wish without bumping into the next person. The outdoors gives you the freedom to exercise at your own pace.
- While at the gym, you can’t help but glance at the next person, hoping they’re not outrunning or outlifting you. If they are, you pick up pace. You end up engaging in unhealthy competition by trying to match a person whose form is different from yours.